Last updated: October 27, 2020, 1:45 p.m.
N. B. The most recent information is indicated in bold.
Mass and Pastoral Services
The entrance and exit for all Masses is through the basilica square on Notre-Dame Street. No access is possible via Saint-Sulpice Street.
Please note that we are currently carrying out major restoration work on the façade of the basilica, which will continue until December 2020. The work site meets the highest safety standards and does not compromise access to the basilica. However, as a result of the work, the permanent access ramp has been replaced by a temporary ramp located to the east of the basilica square. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience that may be caused by this situation and thank you for your understanding.
Sanitary measures to know before your visit
- No person who is ill, who has symptoms of COVID-19 (fever, cough, difficulty breathing, sudden loss of smell without nasal congestion, with or without loss of taste), or who has been in contact with a person with COVID-19 in the last 14 days is allowed to enter Notre-Dame Basilica.
- In accordance with the directives issued by the Direction générale de la santé publique du Québec, we must limit the capacity of all liturgical and pastoral activities to twenty-five (25) persons, in addition to keeping a register of the names and contact information of those present. Because of the limited capacity, priority is given to parishioners, after which the principle of first come, first served prevails. Masses from Monday to Friday (7:30 a.m. and 12:15 p.m.) are maintained; however, please note that Saturday and Sunday masses are suspended until the end of November inclusively. Thank you for your understanding.
- Anyone who does not respect the sanitary measures in place or entry in the registry could be refused entry or asked to leave the premises.
- The restrooms will not be accessible and no leaflets will be available.
- Sanitary instructions surrounding communion will be communicated to you on site.
We thank you for respecting these few instructions during your visit:
- Observe the recommended distance of 2 meters with others.
- Disinfect your hands with the gel we provide.
- Have your own mask and wear it at all times.
- Follow the direction of traffic indicated by the signs.
- Avoid physical contact (with others and furniture).
- Cough into your elbow.