COVID-19: impacts and sanitary measures
Last updated: July 15, 2 p.m.
Mass and Pastoral Services
It gives us great pleasure to announce the reopening of the basilica for daily Masses as of July 20, 2020. Click here to consult the Mass schedule. For information on the Sacrament of Forgiveness, please click here.
The entrance and exit for all Masses is through the basilica square on Notre-Dame Street. No access is possible via Saint-Sulpice Street.
Please note that we are currently carrying out major restoration work on the façade of the basilica, which will continue until December 2020. The work site meets the highest safety standards and does not compromise access to the basilica. However, as a result of the work, the permanent access ramp has been replaced by a temporary ramp located to the east of the basilica square. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience that may be caused by this situation and thank you for your understanding.
Sanitary measures to know before your visit
- No person who is ill, who has symptoms of COVID-19 (fever, cough, difficulty breathing, sudden loss of smell without nasal congestion, with or without loss of taste), or who has been in contact with a person with COVID-19 in the last 14 days is allowed to enter Notre-Dame Basilica.
- Due to the limited capacity of 50 people (starting on August 3: 50 people in the Notre-Dame-du-Sacré-Coeur Chapel and 250 in the basilica), the first-come, first-served principle prevails.
- Anyone who does not respect the sanitary measures in place could be refused entry or asked to leave the premises.
- The restrooms will not be accessible and no leaflets will be available.
- Sanitary instructions surrounding communion will be communicated to you on site.
We thank you for respecting these few instructions during your visit:
- Observe the recommended distance of 2 meters with others.
- Disinfect your hands with the gel we provide.
- Have your own mask and wear it at all times.
- Follow the direction of traffic indicated by the signs.
- Avoid physical contact (with others and furniture).
- Cough into your elbow.
Tourism Activities and AURA
Tourism activities and AURA are still suspended until further notice. Thank you for your patience!